I love having warm oatmeal for breakfast, but sometimes I want a cool, creamy breakfast treat. This is a gorgeous gluten-free option. The thick, creamy texture reminds me of greek yogurt and it can be used in a similar way. I prefer mine topped with fresh berries, chia seeds and a drizzle of maple syrup.
You can find this recipe and many more in my upcoming cookbook, The Inclusive Table.
- 1 cup raw buckwheat groats, soaked overnight
- ½ cup cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. cardamom
- ¼ tsp. salt
- fresh fruit (optional)
- chia seeds (optional)
- Drain and rinse the buckwheat groats. You may notice some slimy residue from the soaking. That is perfectly normal- it will drain away.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until desired consistency is reached (I like mine silky smooth).
- Top with fruit and chia seeds, if desired.